Saturday, February 21, 2009

is amazing possible?


It's 5.20pm in Valdosta, GA. I am currently sitting in a hotel room, awaiting my call time to be taken to the set of ZombieLand. I am one of the few west coast based stuntmen with a crew of east coast stuntmen. Stretching the gap even further, I am the only stuntman who didn't come from some sort of athletic competitive background. When everybody else was achieving perfect handstands I was skating. When they were learning correct form on back tucks I was playing Nintendo. 

In the department of Self Confidence I am lacking greatly in this area. I always feel like I just slipped in and I don't deserve to be on set with these super men and women I hang out with. Since moving to Los Angeles some 6 years ago I developed some basic skills but if I expect to hang and compete in the world of stunts I have to be better. 

I worked my ass off just to get to the point where I feel like I'm not good enough, and I see How much more I'm going to be required to do. It seems like all the training I have done has only been to prepare me to really put in the work required.

 This Journal is going to be a record of the work and routines I am going to implement into my daily life to see if a person can start at 26 years old with almost no formal training and become truly "Amazing."







No comments:

Post a Comment